Search

Monday, August 30, 2010

New happenings with Lucas

I have been SO busy with our event and other things to keep the blog going.  There is a lot going on but I am going to try and not let that keep me from letting you know along the way how the one who started this all, is doing!

I am over the moon with his progress!  He has been talking up a storm over the last few weeks and is SO proud of every new word that he can say!  He'll just announce what something is and look into my eyes to wait for me to jump, and scream, and wohoo for him!  LOL

I am trying to put together a video of him so that I can show you the difference in him in only a few short months!  I can't tell you as a Mother how much it means to be able to finally "GET" what he is saying to me!  He would try so hard to talk.  His mouth would move but his brain just couldn't get the word to come out.  I could see the frustration in his face to even say "Drink". 

He'll sign the word "More", and can say "Juice".  When I jump right up to get it for him.  The smile that is on his face is priceless!  You can just see the relief in him knowing that his Mommy understands him, FINALLY!

His outbursts are calming down, of course I'm sure, because his frustration level is starting to go away.

I finally feel like we are getting somewhere with him and it is WONDERFUL!  YAY

I had to share our wonderful news with you before I did one more thing today!

2 Responses to "New happenings with Lucas"

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva Says :
August 30, 2010 at 11:40 AM

That is such awesome news! Good luck with the event!

~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.blog

Emily - faliLV Says :
August 31, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Go Lucas Go! Keep up the amazing progress! So happy to read this!!
emily
www.familyandlifeinlv.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...