Search

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No greater feeling!

For almost 3 years now, our love of life, has struggled so badly to talk, communicate, express himself.  He just couldn't.  If he wanted a drink, it wasn't something that he could say or show me.  I found ways of figuring out what he needed and when.  Sometimes it was easy and sometimes it was hard.  I write this with tears rolling down my face, not sad, but happy!  Lucas has come so far and has been doing absolutely wonderful with trying to express his needs and wants. Every day we see something new with him.



He is able to say quite a few words now.  He still isn't able to put two words together that often but when he needs a drink, he will bring me his cup, put it into my hand,  and say duce!  If he wants a cookie, he is able to say cookie!  So many other words have been flowing that I never thought I would hear from his mouth.  Even when he say's his alphabet the letters seem to be getting clearer.



His therapist left him today and for almost a year we have been trying to get him to wave bye bye to them and today, in slow motion with his little arm and hand, he waved bye, bye.  He was happy to see how proud we were of him.  This was a HUGE step that we had been waiting so long to see him do. 

To some this is such an insignificant event but to me it means he's getting it, he is getting it all!  It's been a slow process, a LOT of therapy, but he's getting it.  He has 6 hours of therapy a week, with 4 different therapists.  I feel like I am running out of time with them because Early Intervention only stays with them until they are three.  I NEED them to see what their efforts with him has done and it is wonderful for them to watch the changes in him.



Tonight, when I put him down to sleep, as his little eyes started to close.  He whispered in a soft voice, LOVE!  I know exactly what he meant, I only dreamed of hearing him say it a billion times since he was born!  I grabbed him up hugged him as hard as I could and told him that I loved him too!  There simply is no greater feeling than hearing your child tell you that he LOVES YOU! It just makes it even more special that I heard it from Lucas!

2 Responses to "No greater feeling!"

Emily - faliLV Says :
August 18, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Awe! Now I am crying too! That absolutely melted my heart! Such a huge huge milestone! I am so happy for you mama!
emily
www.familyandlifeinlv.com

missykade Says :
August 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Thank you so much Emily! It just fills my heart when he say's a word now, because I am able to say it right back to him. The smile that is on his face is just precious! He is so relieved to finally be able to see that his Mommy understands him. I just can't put into words how much that means to me ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...