Search

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mom Guilt

I love my children so much but can't help but feel so guilty because of the joy that I felt today to be away from them for a few hours.  I know that sounds horrible but sometimes I just need a break from them to regenerate myself.  I went on a belated Mother's day lunch with my Mother and Mother in law.  We had such a nice time.  I actually starting getting nervous butterflies in my stomach on the way home because I new that the day would just be beginning.

I remember crying everyday, praying, that Lucas would even want me to hold him that day.  He's not a very affectionate baby.  When I got home today, he begged to get down from his chair and ran over screaming, Lo Nannie, Lo Nannie (Hello Mommy).  Not many parents understand how big it is to have your speech impaired child say anything let alone lo Nannie!   Because I was able to get away for a little while today I was able to appreciate those words all the more from him.

1 Response to "Mom Guilt"

Karen Says :
May 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM

You should never feel guity about it. I know it is hard to be away from your little ones, but sometimes we just have to do that.

Lucas is adorable. I'm following you now.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...