Wednesday, March 9, 2011
I was so happy to find out we were chosen to review a Take Your Pix board book photo album from Board Book Albums, LLC. As soon as I saw this I knew exactly how I would use this.
With each review we do, I always look for ways to incorporate every day products into a therapy tool for Lucas as well.
One of Lucas's Early Intervention therapists, (LOVE YOU MS) brought an amazing idea to us to use during one of her therapy sessions to help Lucas with his speech and to encourage a liking for looking at books. He just was not interested in books at all.
It was a book with pictures that had all of the things that he loved to do with sentences stating what the pictures were!
She typed "THINGS LUCAS LOVES" in the front of it. Inside, she had pictures of Lucas and his favorite things and then pictures of Lucas either eating or playing with those favorite things. I felt very fortunate to have her because she gave us so many wonderful ideas to use with Lucas! She believed that it would spark his enthusiam to read and hopefully speak more if he was seeing all of his favorite things! He LOVED it!
As soon as I saw this book I knew that I could take it a step further and decorate it, insert the pictures, and make it like a real board book that he's used to reading that was all about "LUCAS".
He was in shock to see his favorite things in this real book. He would carry it around for hours just looking through it. We take it everywhere we go now so he can see his family, favorite toys, foods, and TV characters!
I love this book and think this not only is a wonderful photo album book, but also to use as an amazing therapy tool for children who may be on the spectrum in any capacity.
It's a nice chunky book and very easy for him to hold and turn the pages! What I love about it most is that you can make this into anything that you want.
I couldn't help but think that this would make an amazing pre-graduation/end of year gift as well! My older son Charlie would love to have this and take some digital photos of his friends and decorate the book as a memory keepsake!
- Sturdy pages that will not bend or tear
- Albums are free-standing and perfect for display
- Easy to flip through pages
- Notches on page edges facilitate page turning
- Speech development tool recommended by parents, teachers, and therapists
- Learning tool for autistic and special needs children
- 7 x 7 inch book with 10 pages, plus cover
- Holds 20 4 x 6 inch photos inside, plus one photo in cover frame
- Available in white, black, pink, blue and yellow styles
- Solid color cover and pages; available with or without My First Photos lettering
- Removable baby photo in the cover frame.
- Great for scrapbooking, kids crafts or school activities
- Perfect wedding favor/gift or baby shower gift.