Search

Saturday, August 27, 2011

No Hop this weekend Due to Hurricane Irene!

There will be no hop this weekend due to the impending Hurricane Irene that's coming right at us!! 

I've spent most of the day trying to get things in order to keep our family safe for the weekend!   I'm just too spent tonight to do it!  Emotionally and physically!!!


I couldn't believe the panic that I saw in parents eyes today!  I'm sure they were looking at me the same way!  Water gone, most non-perishable food gone, D-Batteries gone, flashlights gone it was unlike anything that I've ever seen!!  The northeast doesn't normally get weather like this so we are inexperienced in dealing with situations like this.

I saw many sides of people today!   Some in a state of fear, some laughing at those in fear for feeling that way, and people who were just indifferent about the hurricane threat.  I feel the media has played a huge part in people not taking this storm or any storm seriously for that matter!  They've hyped up so many storms in the past for ratings and we end up getting nothing more than a drizzle or flurry when they actually hit us!  In essence, the boy who cried wolf syndrome!  Lots of people are not paying attention to the cry and it worries me dearly!

I was very shaken during that earthquake this week and now we are dealing with this!  I can honestly say that I have never been this afraid of storm!  I am filled with anxiety about the damage that we are going to endure!  My heart is heavy hoping that I can handle a panic situation if one arises and I can protect my children from natures path!  It's horrible!  I have always felt for people who were going through a situation like this!  Katrina almost killed me seeing the devastation that came to so many people!  I never thought of the angst that came before the storm! 

Friends, I'm not sure what's going to take place this weekend, but wanted to let you all know that if you don't see posts for a while say some prayers that all is well and know that its because we are unable to share with you.  I promise to get on and let you all know we are safe as soon as we can.

For all of my many friends along the Northeast, PLEASE take the warnings seriously and take care of yourselves and your families!!   There are a lot of structures that may have been affected by the earthquake last week that we are unaware of and this storm is certainly going to let us know!!

Peace be with you my friends!!!







6 Responses to "No Hop this weekend Due to Hurricane Irene!"

Anonymous Says :
August 27, 2011 at 7:04 AM

I'm already saying a prayer for you and the family debbie. Being from Southern Ontario I have absolutely no understanding of the weariness and fear you must be going through. Stay strong I'm sure as a mom you will find the courage to suck it up from somewhere. I see how much family means to you right though your blog. You a loving mother and wife and will I'm sure be get though this. As long as your all safe post irene that is what will matter. Hope to hear from your blog very soon. We all will be thinking about are american cousins.

Take great care
Kevin

Angela Says :
August 27, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Stay safe! We here in Ontario are thinking of you all. We hope to hear from you soon.

Mrs. Pancakes Says :
August 27, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I'm in the East coast so I can understand! Definitely keep close to your family and be safe!!

missykade Says :
August 27, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Thanks everyone! They just posted Tornado warnings just south of us, which was my biggest fear! I'll keep updating everyone for as long as we have power but know that my prayers are with everyone too! We've never endured a storm of this intensity for as long as we will today and tonight!

Wendy Says :
August 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Stay safe....blogging can wait. Time to take care of your family.

Wendy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...