Search

Thursday, May 10, 2012

WE ARE BLESSED!!

Yes, you heard me right!

Most people in the situation we are in right now would not be saying that they are blessed, that's for sure!!

Well, I told you on our last post that we were trying to find out what was wrong with me and we were blessed to find out that it was NOT cancer, I have Lupus!!!  The lumps that they found in my breasts were swollen lymph nodes.  All of the lymph nodes in my body are swollen because apparently its in a flare up.

I can't tell you how relieved we were when  we found out that it was ONLY Lupus and not Cancer.  Lupus is not the best thing in the world to have either but its sure as hell better than being told that you have cancer when you are watching your husband slowly die from it!!!  We could not imagine leaving our kids to care for themselves without anyone being here for them.


DONT TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS!!!!   I am so mad at myself right now!!!  I was trying to clean a vent over the weekend and stood on the arms of the couch and loveseat.  Screwdriver in one hand and Scissors in the other and fell!  FLAT on my face!!  I'm a big girl and did a nose dive, superman fly jump (as Charlie called it) right to the floor!!  I was doing everything I tell my kids not to do and hurt myself pretty bad!  I thought I broke my wrist but didn't thank GOD!   As the days progressed so did the pain in my lower back!!  Well, today I was stuck in the bed for over an hour!  My lower back is completely locked up!!  The pain is horrific.


For Pete's sake I am SLOWLY trying to get ready for a trip that was given to us from For Pete's Sake Foundation.  I told you in our last post that they give families stricken with cancer a respite from treatments and they are sending us to Great Wolfe Lodge in the Poconos.  We have been through SO much over the last few months.  I am SO looking forward to just relaxing and seeing the kids have a good time for once!!  They have endured more than any 4 and 12 year should ever have to!

Some of Chucks friends from growing are a having a benefit for him on June 3rd.   I'm going to post all of the details for any of our friends that we met here in case anyone would like to come and meet the family.  I feel like you are all family to me.  You have all been so wonderful with sending in donations and prayers and We will NEVER be able to thank you enough.  We feel your love, prayers, and strength!

Here is the Facebook post to the benefit that his friends are hosting  CHEERS FOR CHUCKIE


CHEERS FOR CHUCKIE FLYER
I made a printable flyer for them too which you can copy from our web page by clicking on my "Chuckie" picture!





 

5 Responses to "WE ARE BLESSED!!"

Angela Says :
May 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I am so happy and sad for you at the same time. I have checked back to your blog here from time to time to see how you have been and was saddened when I didn't see an update. I worried that the worst had happened. I amhappy that God has given your family more time together and I hope your miracle comes. I am happy that you do not have cancer and hope the Lupus does not make you to sick. All the best to you and your family. My prayers are still with you all.

Create With Joy Says :
June 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Dear Debbie

I am dropping by because you remain in my thoughts and prayers and I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you this holiday weekend.

I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

jhon wicky Says :
April 9, 2022 at 3:30 AM

I every time emailed this web site pοst pаgе tο
all my assocіates colourist logo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...